Re: [Patch] Increase USBFS Bulk Transfer size

From: Sergei Shtylyov
Date: Wed Oct 12 2011 - 09:49:44 EST

On 10/12/2011 04:36 PM, Markus Rechberger wrote:

We have 2 products which can perform better with increased Bulk transfers

Device No. 1:
According to the hardware spec of on of our product
Available Bulk Transfer Size are:
- 188 * n bytes, where n = 1 ~ 256.

Although we can drive that one with 15K as well when setting the HW
register down to it.

Device No. 2
only creates jitter video with Bulk transfer sizes which are below
24064 bytes, no such chipfeature is available
to decrease the bulk transfer size.
http://sundtek.de/images/dtvjitter2.jpg
with transfer size of 24064:
http://sundtek.de/images/gooddata.jpg

The patch takes the features of Device No. 1 into account allowing a
maximum buffer of 48128 bytes.

Those issues have been evaluated with MacOSX and a customized patched
Linux version.
Device No. 2 also corrupts on MacOSX with too small packet sizes,
Windows and Mac are using 24064 bytes.

You are constantly mixing the packet size and the transfer size.

Default Bulk Transfersize of device No. 1 is around 1-2k which leads
to very high cpu usage, updating it to 15k lowers that one.

WBR, Sergei