Re: sony-laptop driver: Volume keys on Sony Vaio TX3 don't work

From: John Hughes
Date: Sun Oct 16 2011 - 19:16:28 EST

On 10/16/2011 08:20 PM, Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:
On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 19:45:14 +0200, John Hughes said:

Here's a patch that makes the volume keys work for me. Tested on
current git
Do we know if this is applicable to all Sony laptops, or only a few busticated
models?

The current code is simply wrong. It might work by accident on some models, but.,..

(Why wrong? it says event (0x01,0x05) is PROG1, but event (0x01, 0x05) is Volume up, Make up your mind please. PS it's volume DOWN not up).

Wouldn't it be easier just to leave the decision for user mode? Make the different events generate different "scancodes" and let udev sort them out?