Re: 3.1-rc9 wifi problem

From: werner
Date: Sun Oct 16 2011 - 21:33:53 EST

I have to wait until the friend with the laptop comes back, perhaps this week. Then I can look what wireless card is in it.

However, now I remember me: that laptop worked only good since 2.6.39 with the new kernel-embedded modules. Before, it didn't work normally, i.e. on booting the wireless almost never didn't switch on; only ocasionally .

And, beside of kernel 2.6.39, and the normal wifi software, I still had him to install a file iwlwifi-1000-3.ucode or .5 ucode (i'm not sure, the number can also be 5000), and I had the problem to search long time for that file because one find only .2 or .4 in internet but what don't work at that wifi card. You could improve the kernel-module so that everything is included so that one don't need to search such files.

Then, with this kernel and that file however, it worked without any problem.

I hope from these informations you can find out what wifi card or what driver is in the laptop.

W.Landgraf
---
Professional hosting for everyone - http://www.host.ru