Re: sony-laptop driver: Volume keys on Sony Vaio TX3 don't work

From: John Hughes
Date: Tue Oct 18 2011 - 05:02:45 EST

On 17/10/11 23:43, Mattia Dongili wrote:
On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 01:17:00AM +0200, John Hughes wrote:
Ok, what is "two phase hotkey decoding?"
basically the driver receives in IRQ, reads from the IO port a value
that turns out to be a generic value that means "got a hotkey" and needs
to write one more command to the IO port and wait for another IRQ that
potentially has the information about what hotkey was pressed.

The part we're currently missing is what to write to the IO port for
some models.

See type3_handle_irq in the source and type3_events: most of those with
data=0x05 require extra handling that we are not doing.
On the second IRQ you get some data=0x31 and the actual event.

Oh, I see.

Poking around in the dark. What fun.

I'll see if I can think of any useful experiments.