Re: iwlagn is getting very shaky

From: wwguy
Date: Wed Oct 19 2011 - 11:37:13 EST

Hi Norbert,

On Wed, 2011-10-19 at 05:49 -0700, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi Wey,
>
> On Di, 18 Okt 2011, Guy, Wey-Yi wrote:
> > Could you please let me know the brand/model of the AP which having
> > problem. Also the configuration of your NIC also help.
>
> I will try to find out as many information as possible tomorrow
> when I am back at university. I think the routers are hanging on
> the ceiling, so I can somehow check what they are.
>
> > also, when you say you don't have problem with other router, could you
> > please be more clear, are those APs having the similar functions as the
> > one you have in university, or different?
>
> Well, at home I have a normal WLAN router, one where you plug on
> the one side some upstream cable and then you have several downstream
> cable (eth) and wlan.
>
> On the university there is probably much more system since there are many
> APs and one can easily wander around. I will try to find out as
> much as possible.
>
> Anything one can to wiht iwconfig, ethercap or similar tools?
>
> > just got a idea, could you try to revert
> > commit#68b993118f715cc631b62b6a50574e4701fe9ace
>
> I try it tomorrow and let you know. I tried for now to revert it
> directly without success, but I will try to do it by hand. If
> I have problems I let you know. Tomorrow, now is break time ;-)

Are you connect on 5.2GHz? looks to me there were only one place can
stop the queue which is for radar channel detection.

instead of having you to revert the patch I ask you to do, could you
please just apply the patch I attach here and see if it make any
differences? it is also for debugging purpose, so please check the dmesg
log.

Thanks
Wey