Re: PROBLEM: System call 'sendmsg' of process ospfd (quagga)causes kernel oops

From: David Miller
Date: Thu Oct 20 2011 - 05:31:06 EST

From: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 10:08:07 +0200

> I think Eric's initial patch is probably the safest bet for rc10.
> We can then work on the proper fix for the next release.

There are two "initial patch", I wonder which one you mean.

There's his really first patch, which remoevs the lines in IP_GRE
which change dev->needed_headroom. I was under the impression we
were against doing that.

The other patch he posted duplicates the device attribute variable
caching in two functions.

My patch is just a tweak so that we only do this sequence in one
place, the new sock_alloc_send_skb_reserve() helper, instead of
in both the ipv4 and ipv6 RAW code.

So I'm a little confused what your suggestion for rc10 really
is :-)