Re: Procedural requirements for restoring kernel.org accounts

From: Ted Ts'o
Date: Thu Oct 20 2011 - 17:16:15 EST

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 10:09:22PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > this. So, will there be another key signing session held during the
> > three days of LCE, and will the procedure mentioned in the link above
> > ("If you would like to participate, please send an e-mail to
> > prague-key-submission@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx") apply too?
>
> That sounds a good plan because I suspect LCE will have a number of
> kernel hackers around who are not at KS, and KS will have plenty of us
> who have gone home before LCE.

I was looking into setting up a separate key signing event at LCE, but
the schedule is really packed, so it wasn't clear we could find a slot
that would work for everyone. Also, I simply ran out of time to try
to organize yet another key signing event.

This is why I suggested a more informal approach of people
pre-printing fingerprints on slips of paper which could be exchanged,
using something like gpg-key2ps. If everyone comes prepared with
these slips of paper, we can either try to organize a room where it's
easier for people to find each other, or it can be done in an ad-hoc
fashion during the coffee/tea breaks.

- Ted