Re: [GIT] Networking

From: Greg KH
Date: Tue Oct 25 2011 - 07:56:55 EST

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 01:46:11PM +0200, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Greg - please fix your crazy tools. Look at this:
>
> git log fs/sysfs/dir.c
>
> and tell me why the f*&% you have commit messages like this:
>
> commit 4f72c0cab40536a0be501d85ea4918467ab82ad5
> Author: Mikulas Patocka <mpatocka@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Mon Jul 25 17:55:57 2011 -0400
>
> sysfs: use rb-tree for name lookups
>
> sysfs: use rb-tree for name lookups

The "crazy" tool was using 'git am'. The problem was that I missed the
fact that the first line of the patch sent to me duplicated the subject
line. It's a really common problem when people generate patches and
send them off by email, I just forgot to edit the patches from Mikulas
to remove them, my fault, sorry.

greg k-h