Zarlink ZL30143 DPLL Driver

From: Austin Boyle
Date: Tue Oct 25 2011 - 18:21:58 EST

Hello,

I have written a driver for the Zarlink ZL30143 DPLL. It would typically
be used in an embedded system as part of Sync-E support. The device is
accessed via an I2C interface. In general the driver just exports
register read/write functions, but I have also added some ioctl's to
get/set various settings that require multiple register writes (e.g.
selecting references, setting up priorities) and interrupt support.

I can't find any similar drivers, but I can see that most of the
configuration for this device could just be done using i2c-tools in user
space. I would imagine there are too many generic I2C devices to include
a separate driver for each of them in the kernel. Is there any point
submitting a patch for this? In what system would this kind of device
belong?

Kind regards,
Austin

Austin Boyle