Re: Re: HT (Hyper Threading) aware process scheduling doesn't workas it should

From: Artem S. Tashkinov
Date: Mon Oct 31 2011 - 05:40:09 EST

> On Oct 31, 2011, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
>
> On Sun, 30 Oct 2011, Artem S. Tashkinov wrote:
> > > Please make sure both are set to 0. If they were not 0 at the time you
> > > ran your tests, please retest and report back.
> >
> > That's 0 & 0 for me.
>
> How idle is your system during the test?

load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

As I've mentioned great many times I run this test on a completely idle system
(i.e. I even `init 3` in advance to avoid any unexpected CPU usage spikes
caused by unrelated processed).

I have to insist that people conduct this test on their own without trusting my
words. Probably there's something I overlook or don't fully understand but from
what I see, there's a serious issue here (at least Microsoft XP and 7 work exactly
the way I believe an OS should handle such a load).

Artem