Re: linux-next: Tree for Nov 3

From: Sedat Dilek
Date: Thu Nov 03 2011 - 03:29:18 EST

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 7:20 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The linux-next tree on github is no longer being updated and will be
> removed soon.
>
> The patch is still absent from kernel.org.
>
> The summary at the end now has a "git -1 --oneline" appended to the lines
> indicating which tree is being merged. Â This was suggested by Mauro
> Chehab as an aid to maintainers so that they can easily tell which version
> of their tree was merged. ÂComments welcome.
>
> Changes since 20111102:
>
> Renamed trees:
> Â Â Â Âwireless -> wireless-next
> Â Â Â Âwireless-current -> wireless

Whuzzz up with VFS tree(s)?

[1] and [2] lists:
vfs git
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs-2.6.git#for-next
vfs-scale git
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/npiggin/linux-npiggin.git#vfs-scale-working

Isn't vfs-scale [2] done?
I have so long not heard or read from Nick Piggin (vfs-scale), I hope
he is well.

Christoph take over as interim VFS stuff from Al (hope he is well,
too) and I have seen his and pending stuff from FS folk was merged
into Linus-tree.
Christoph, your for-next GIT branch [3] is dedicated for linux-next (v3.3)?

- Sedat -

[1] http://git.us.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git;a=blob;f=Next/Trees#l89
[2] http://git.us.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git;a=blob;f=Next/Trees#l90
[3] http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/hch/vfs-queue.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/for-next