Re: WARNING: at drivers/scsi/scsi_lib.c:1704

From: Bart Van Assche
Date: Mon Nov 07 2011 - 02:33:47 EST

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 7:24 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I get lots more of these.  The obvious commit to point the finger at
> is 3308511c93e6 ("[SCSI] Make scsi_free_queue() kill pending SCSI
> commands") but the root cause may be something different.

It's probably the combination of commit 3308511c93e6 and patch
http://marc.info/?l=linux-scsi&m=132027101521282 that's triggering
that warning: the first commit changed scsi_free_queue() such that it
expects that its callers reset the queuedata pointer but the second
patch introduced a new scsi_free_queue() call that doesn't reset the
queuedata pointer first.

Bart.