Re: Adding USB charge current property in the Linux Battery core

From: Felipe Balbi
Date: Wed Nov 09 2011 - 03:20:12 EST

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 09, 2011 at 01:43:37PM +0530, ashishj3 wrote:
> For a better performance in USB charging operation, the DA9052/53 charging
> current can be configured in accordance with the USB host current
> delivering capacity (known through USB drivers negotiation).
>
> To implement this useful feature, a new writable property "USB charge current"
> needs to be added in the Linux battery core.
>
> Let me know your views on it.

that's the wrong way to do it. What we need is to use the transceiver
notifications to notify every time someone calls usb_gadget_vbus_draw()
and pass the mA parameter as argument to the event notification.

Charger driver should 'subscribe' to transceiver notifications and
use the mA argument to reconfigure charging.

--
balbi