Regression in thinkpad-acpi events

From: Natanji
Date: Wed Nov 09 2011 - 13:17:28 EST

Hello everyone,
first time posting on this last, and I'm not subscribed, so please CC
any replies to me. ;)

I'm running Kernel version 3.1-4 using Arch Linux (32 Bit) on a Thinkpad
X60 Tablet. Since upgrading from a pre-3.1 kernel to a post-3.1 kernel,
the Thinkpad-specific ACPI events (from thinkpad-acpi) are completely gone.

This can be observed by using the acpi_listen command. For instance, no
ACPI events happen when swiveling the display, and the sleep button returns
button/sleep SBTN 00000080 00000000
instead of the previous
ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 00001004

The bug was reported in the Arch Linux bugtracker [1] and it was
suggested to report this upstream, so this is what I did now. Sadly I
have no idea how I could find out if this is indeed a kernel bug or not;
I have never compiled my own kernel so what I can give you is probably
limited. But I suppose quite a few members of this list use a Thinkpad.
If there is anything else I can help out with, just tell me.

[1] https://bugs.archlinux.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=26658