Re: problems with pata_via, hangs after random time

From: Alan Cox
Date: Thu Nov 10 2011 - 08:05:28 EST

> I'm thinking of this problems as via_pata based because of my changes on the
> config, but I really don't know if this is the case or if the hardware is
> starting to fail, so maybe the best thing to do for now is to go back to the
> old IDE drivers and seek high uptimes there and if everything is ok then go
> back to try to debug this, as we don't have much info right now.

I think it would be useful to see if it runs solidly with the exact same
configuration but the old IDE driver. The error dump you have is bizarre
to say the least so it'd hard to guess what is going on.

If it is reliable with the other drive then we can start doing close
comparisons of register settings and the like

Alan