3.2-rc1 doesn't boot on dual socket opteron without swap

From: Niklas Schnelle
Date: Thu Nov 10 2011 - 15:09:40 EST

Hi Kernel Hackers,

still can't find the Kernel Bugzilla after the kernel.org troubles and
G+ would have felt weired so here comes my bug report.

I'm trying to run Linux 3.2-rc1 on an Arch Linux Box with the following
specs:
- Tyan S8320G Motherboard with Dual Socket Magny Cours Opterons 6128
- 16 GB RAM.

I'm getting the following error (sorry for bad picture quality, I can
retry if requested)

http://niklas.sceneproject.org/coding/kernel-3.2-rc1-bug.jpg

The exact same build (from a linux-mainline repository for Arch Linux)
runs well on a friends laptop.
One thing that could play a role is that due to enough RAM I'm running
without swap. It's just so much easier if rampant processes get shot
down by the OOM killer before things get swapping and slow.

Greetings Niklas