Re: linux-m68k.git is back

From: Geert Uytterhoeven
Date: Sun Nov 13 2011 - 05:45:01 EST

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 09:22, Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> linux-m68k.git is back, in the usual place:
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/geert/linux-m68k.git
>
> Interesting branches:
> Â- master: main development, containing accepted changesets,
> Â- m68k-queue: (almost) identical to master, but nice changesets rebased on top of
> Â Âthe latest v* tag (incl. release candidates) from Linus (I don't follow stable),

I added the following cleanups to master:

m68k: Remove unused platform.c skeleton files
m68k: Remove unused GVP IO-Extender files and config symbols
m68k: Remove unused mc68681.h header file for MultiFace III serial
fs/fat: Reorder options to match the m68k-queue branch
m68k/atari: Remove Atari SCC serial driver
Revert "CONFIG_SWAP=n: include/linux/swap.h needs <linux/pagemap.h>"
m68k/atari: Remove superfluous comment in debug code

and now it's identical to m68k-queue. I'll keep it that way.

> Â- for-*: What's destined for a specific merge window. The latest overlap with
> Â Âfor-linus/for-next,

Sometimes they may be a few commits ahead of for-linus/for-next, e.g. if
those commits have to go in through another maintainer's tree.

> master and m68k-v* are never rebased. m68k-queue and for-* are rebased when a
> new v* comes out.

and they may be reshuffled when commits are added.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

            Geert

             Â Â -- Linus Torvalds