Re: How to remove 2000+ lines from 400+ defconfig files?

From: Paul Bolle
Date: Tue Nov 15 2011 - 14:22:02 EST

On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 13:57 -0500, Dave Jones wrote:
> It seems to me that these files have always been very neglected.

Almost all of them (ie, 426 of 437) had one or more outdated macros (ie,
mentioned a macro that I could not link to a current Kconfig symbol).

With some, or perhaps a lot of, effort we might learn how long they've
been neglected. For that we need to know when every one of those 161
Kconfig symbols got dropped and see what the oldest Kconfig symbol
(turned into a macro) is in each of those 426 Kconfig files. But I'm not
sure if that actually would tell us much. I guess it's easier to just
conclude that, yes, they are rather neglected.

Paul Bolle