Re: Resuming from hibernation on T61 with nvidia

From: Srivatsa S. Bhat
Date: Tue Nov 15 2011 - 14:34:47 EST

On 11/16/2011 12:32 AM, dienet wrote:
> Hello
>
> As far I can remember (since I have my ThinkPad T61), there is problem
> with resuming from hibernation (suspend-to-disk) on this system. And I
> know that there are lots of people with the same problem.
> I was checking lots of kernel versions but with no luck.
>
> Was is the problem? In my T61 I have 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller:
> nVidia Corporation G84M [Quadro NVS 140M] (rev a1) and I am using
> nvidia drivers (also checked quite a few versions without any luck).
> Suspending to disk is working without any problem. The problem is when
> I want to resume. The resume process is stopping at some point (I think
> after the pages are red) for about 60 seconds. After that time, the
> resume process is continuing, and after few sec, I am back in X11.
>
> I have motivation to fix it, but:
>
> 1. How to trace it?
> 2. Is it possible to fix this? Maybe the fix should take place in
> nvidia driver (nvidia.o), and that can not be done. But maybe the fix
> can be done in kernel?
>
> I want to notice that, if the fix will only work for me, then that is
> fine with me.
>
> I know that answer to 2. might be hard, so maybe some guide how to
> trace the problem?

Hi,

[Adding linux-pm and linux-kernel mailing lists to CC.]

You can try using the pm_test framework for debugging this, to a certain
extent. See Documentation/power/basic-pm-debugging.txt for details on how
to use it.

Also, if you could post any logs that indicate the problem, that would
be great!

Thanks,
Srivatsa S. Bhat