Re: iwlagn is getting very shaky

From: Norbert Preining
Date: Sun Nov 20 2011 - 22:06:47 EST

Hi Emmanuel, hi all,

sorry for the long silence. I was a bit travelling and off,

On Mi, 09 Nov 2011, Emmanuel Grumbach wrote:
> > On Di, 08 Nov 2011, Emmanuel Grumbach wrote:
> > > I would like to see what happens in terms or power.
> > > Please set the power debug flag: modprobe iwlwifi debug=0x100
> >
> > > It may be worth to disable Link Power save too. I would be glad if you
> > > could try this patch (attached and inlined), with the power debug flag
> > > set.

I have now disabled the debug option again. And rebuild some new kernels
(3.2.0-rc1 and top git).

And what I stil see is that the tx-queue gets stuck and does not
recover without rmmod iwlwif.

hwq 11: read=0 write=0 stop=1 swq_id=0x2e (ac 2/hwq 11)

But I still am using the patch that you sent to disable power save,
so it is not only this one.

If you think I shouuld turn on power debug again and see hope that
it happens again, let me know.

Furthermore, I have now seen hiccups on my home router, too, at
times. There is recovers normally by itself, but still.

Best wishes

Norbert
Norbert Preining preining@{jaist.ac.jp, logic.at, debian.org}
JAIST, Japan TeX Live & Debian Developer
DSA: 0x09C5B094 fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76 A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094