Re: [RFC] Make Yama pid_ns aware

From: Kees Cook
Date: Mon Nov 21 2011 - 14:42:15 EST

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Vasiliy Kulikov <segoon@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As Yama's sysctls are about defining a security policy for the system,
> it is reasonable to define it per container in case of LXC containers
> (or out-of-tree alternatives like OpenVZ).  In my opinion they belong
> to pid namespace.  With per-pid_ns sysctls it is possible to create
> multiple containers with different ptrace, /tmp, etc. policies.

Cool, this seems like a good idea. Thanks for the patch! If Serge (or
other folks thinking about per-pid_ns stuff) think this is a good
approach, I'm happy to include it in the next revision of the Yama
patchset.

> proc_pid_dointvec_minmax() is stolen from its ipc_ns equivalent in
> ipc/ipc_sysctl.c.

I wonder if this function should be moved into a common location, in
case other things will want to do similar things.

-Kees

--
Kees Cook
ChromeOS Security