Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the drm tree

From: Alan Cox
Date: Mon Nov 28 2011 - 06:29:39 EST

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 13:53:17 +1100
Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 10:34:19 +0000 Dave Airlie <airlied@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I just pushed jbarnes patch into my tree for now, at pushed out the
> > mainline gma500 code with it.
>
> And it is a mess (see my linux-next reports).

Well its very hard to sort stuff out when you are juggling a cross tree
set of dependancies and someone pointlessly stops one of them being
visible in next for ten days.

Whatever. I'm onto it, but I think blocking -next merges for staging
breakage is broken to the point that -next needs fixing, or we should
kill staging off.

Alan