Re: [RFC] vtunerc: virtual DVB device - is it ok to NACK driver because of worrying about possible misusage?

From: Hans Petter Selasky
Date: Sat Dec 03 2011 - 13:21:13 EST

Hi,

Some input from the sideline reading this discussion. As a FreeBSD'er I would
very much like to see two things happen:

- vtunerc goes into userspace like a client/server daemon pair using CUSE and
can support _any_ /dev/dvb/adapter, also those created by CUSE itself. That
means I could potentially use vtunerc in FreeBSD with drivers like cx88:

http://corona.homeunix.net/cx88wiki

- DVB-X solution in Linux gets mmap support to avoid endless copying of data
between kernel and userspace.

--HPS