RE: mpt2sas regression: can not add disk...

From: Desai, Kashyap
Date: Thu Dec 08 2011 - 08:30:24 EST

Yinghai,

Please try attached patch. This must be on top of latest upstream code.
When we have introduced fast load, scan of devices are happening from thread context.

But currently we have not removed " _scsih_probe_devices(ioc);" call from actual probe and it is getting called from multiple places.
As a result, we end-up into this issue.

Please try the attached patch and provide your feedback. Based upon your result, we will post this patch to upstream.

Thanks, Kashyap