Re: [patch 00/24 ] dynamic debug enhancements: multi-queries during mod-init

From: Jim Cromie
Date: Tue Dec 13 2011 - 02:00:54 EST

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 9:25 PM, Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 09:17:43PM -0700, Jim Cromie wrote:
>> >>

>> > Now that is just about the most unhelpful 00/XX email I've seen in a
>> > long time.
>> >

>> Sorry about that.
>> That was an attempt to thread onto a previous message.

>> IE this:
>>
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/1171277/match=dynamic_debug
>>
>> I'll use URLs in the future.
>
> Use git-send-email and you will not have to do any of this by hand, it
> handles it all for you automatically.
>
> greg k-h

I did use git-send-email.
What I seem to miss on every send is which reference to use in the
reply-to part,
at least when trying to tie it to an email sent from the web-interface.
It doesnt help that gmail isnt displaying them in a thread for me
using the headers that git-send-email is adding (it threads by subject)

(for most recent batch..)

On previous batch (the one you commented on), IIRC, I deleted all
--compose content
after realizing the patch-count was wrong, thinking it would behave like
a rebase -i with an empty to-do file. Or, it was some other operator error.

Looking now at the headers, I'll trust that --compose will work the same,
and use that only (should the latest set need another resend)

thanks
Jim