Re: Bug with "fix partial page writes" [3.2-rc regression]

From: Hugh Dickins
Date: Wed Dec 14 2011 - 13:07:45 EST

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011, Ted Ts'o wrote:
> Hey Hugh,
>
> If you could do me a favor and run your "kernel compile torture test"
> on the tree found on the "dev" branch of the git tree at:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tytso/ext4.git
>
> ... I'd really appreciate it. This should have all of the patches
> needed to address the problems you had been having, and it would be
> great to get some additional testing before I push it to Linus.
>
> I'm currently running a full xfstests run on this tree as we speak....

Builds from that tree have now been running it without incident for
9 hours overnight on five machines. Before setting that off, I gave
them each an hour of fsx under memory pressure, some ext2, some ext4:
again, nothing to report. Plus I have confidence in Yongqiang's four
patches from running the test with them on rc4 for 3 days on two
machines. Looks good to me - thanks to you all!

Hugh