Intercepting system calls

From: Gaurav Saxena
Date: Thu Dec 22 2011 - 11:08:23 EST

Hello all,

I am writing an application for which I need to intercept some
filesystem system calls eg. unlink. I need unlink to call my code
before deleting abc so that I could probably prevent unlink . I would
like to implement this in a kernel module instead of modifying kernel
code itself. I would like to intercept system calls by replacing
system calls but I have not been able to find any method of doing that
in linux > 3.0. Please suggest some method of doing that.

--
Thanks and Regards ,
Gaurav