Re: [PATCH] mm: hugetlb: add might_sleep() for gigantic page
From: Hillf Danton
Date: Tue Dec 27 2011 - 08:21:24 EST
On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 8:59 PM, Michal Hocko <mhocko@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri 23-12-11 21:41:08, Hillf Danton wrote:
>> From: Hillf Danton <dhillf@xxxxxxxxx>
>> Subject: [PATCH] mm: hugetlb: add might_sleep() for gigantic page
>> Like the case of huge page, might_sleep() is added for gigantic page, then
>> both are treated in same way.
> Why do we need to call might_sleep here? There is cond_resched in the
IIUC it is the reason to add... and the comment says
* might_sleep - annotation for functions that can sleep
* this macro will print a stack trace if it is executed in an atomic
* context (spinlock, irq-handler, ...).
* This is a useful debugging help to be able to catch problems early and not
* be bitten later when the calling function happens to sleep when it is not
* supposed to.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/