Re: [BUG] kernel freezes with latest tree

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Jan 10 2012 - 11:28:43 EST

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 8:13 AM, Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Here are two traces of the lockups, since I had some free time to reproduce the
> bug on current tree (plus a minor change in bnx2 driver to avoid a
> netconsole related stack trace)

Hmm. You have load_balance() and idle_balance() there in the trace, so
I'm getting more hopeful that it really is just the fact that
set_cpu_sd_state_idle() really needs to just be run with interrupts
disabled. That was my main concern about that merge, so if it's that,
I'll be relieved.

If you can please try that change out, that would be great.

[ And if that's not it - Ingo & co, please check out the traces on lkml ]

Linus