Re: [RFC,PATCH 2/2] Documentation: prctl/seccomp_filter

From: Åukasz Sowa
Date: Thu Jan 12 2012 - 08:13:17 EST

Hi Will,

That's very different approach to the system call interposition problem.
I find you solution very interesting. It gives far more capabilities
than my syscalls cgroup that you commented on some time ago. It's ready
now but I haven't tried filtering yet. I think that if your solution
make it to the mainline (and I guess that's really possible at current
stage :)), there will be no place for mine solution but that's ok.

There's one thing that I'm curious about - have you measured overhead in
any way? That was one of the biggest issues in all previous attempts to
limit syscalls. I'd love to compare the numbers with mine solution.

I'll examine your patch later on and put some comments if I bump into
something.

Best Regards,
Lukasz Sowa