Re: [RESEND 3/3] coccicheck: add parallel execution

From: Greg Dietsche
Date: Thu Jan 12 2012 - 12:59:29 EST

On 12-11-11 02:48pm, Michal Marek wrote:
On 6.11.2011 03:14, Gregory.Dietsche@xxxxxxx wrote:
+ coccinelle $f>/tmp/cocci_parallel_$$_$PARALLEL_ID 2>&1 &

This opens a symlink race.

And this whole parallel execution should be done by make. Just have a
generic rule for getting result from a single check, make the default
target depend on the list of the wanted results and concatenate the
results there. make -j will then take of parallelizing it.

Michal,
Sorry for the slow response - my mail filters weren't behaving well at all...

For now, lets just drop this patch. I don't have the time to fix it up.
A few months ago I did take a look at what it would mean to use make's -j option
and it seemed to me that doing so would require completely changing how the coccinelle
script works.

I would like to see my M= patch set merged though:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/11/5/94

Thanks,
Greg