Re: how to get of the the "plus" in 3.2.0+

From: David Rientjes
Date: Thu Jan 12 2012 - 15:46:43 EST

On Fri, 13 Jan 2012, Jeff Chua wrote:

> Every time I do a fresh compile of the kernel, it append the version
> with a "+". How can I get rid of the annoying "+" without doing
> another major recompile or before I even start the compiling?

The `+´ is emitted to indicate that you have modifications to your tree
beyond an official release, so your tree is actually not 3.2.0 but rather
it has additional changes on top of 3.2.0.

To suppress it, use "make LOCALVERSION="

The version string is written to include/generated/utsrelease.h at the
beginning of the build.