Re: How to wait for threaded irq handler to finish, as in work queueflush/cancel?

From: Cong Wang
Date: Sat Jan 14 2012 - 02:54:32 EST

On 01/14/2012 01:40 PM, Feng Ye wrote:
Hello there,

I have a question regarding how to cancel threaded irq handler in a driver's suspend function.
If it's NOT threaded irq, normally you have a work queue, and in the suspend function, you call either cancel_work_sync() or flush_work(), these function will WAIT for the work queue to finish if it's in the middle of something.
However if you use threaded irq, then you don't need a work queue, then in the suspend function, I don't know if there's a simple function that can be used to cancel and wait the thread to finish?

Hi,

Isn't free_irq() what you want?

/**
* free_irq - free an interrupt allocated with request_irq
* @irq: Interrupt line to free
* @dev_id: Device identity to free
*
* Remove an interrupt handler. The handler is removed and if the
* interrupt line is no longer in use by any driver it is disabled.
* On a shared IRQ the caller must ensure the interrupt is disabled
* on the card it drives before calling this function. The function
* does not return until any executing interrupts for this IRQ
* have completed.
*
* This function must not be called from interrupt context.
*/