Pulling the rest of the User-API header split patches

From: David Howells
Date: Mon Jan 16 2012 - 10:50:19 EST

Hi Linus,

Thanks for pulling the User-API header split preliminary patches.

Will you be pulling the rest of the patches to actually perform the split at
the end of this merge window? If so, as previously mentioned, I'll need to
regenerate them before you do.

However, for the moment, I dropped the preliminary patches from my tree and
regenerated the rest based on the tree I saw this morning:

http://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells/linux-headers.git/shortlog/refs/heads/uapi-split

I've made 'make allyesconfig' build again on x86_64. arch/x86/lib/insn.c is
compiled for use in both userspace and kernelspace, necessitating a bit of
#include adjustment, but that was the only necessary change. I've also had
Dave Airlie review the preparatory DRM patches and those have been adjusted.

An opinion, if I may: I have been checking the scripts into the GIT tree (with
the intention to delete them later) so that a record of them is retained - but
I wonder if I should bother... Hopefully, once the scripts are run and the
results applied, it won't be necessary to retain the scripts.

Thanks,
David