Re: PROBLEM: Kernel version 3.2.1 usb touchscreen device not recognised[UDEV? USBINPUT? HOOK]

From: Padfoot
Date: Fri Jan 20 2012 - 16:57:51 EST

On 21/01/12 07:50, Benjamin Tissoires wrote:
Hi Lachlan,

Well, many eGalax devices are multitouch devices, and can not be
handled by the generic input hid layer without having strange issues.
We have a patch in 3.2 that auto detect such devices and release them
from the generic input stack.
Then, it's easier for people to handle the devices through
hid-multitouch as the recompilation of the kernel is not required
anymore.
I also submitted a patch to catch multitouch devices in
hid-multitouch, but it has not been accepted as it would require
everybody to load hid-multitouch for every hid device.

To enable your device, do (as root)
# modprobe hid-multitouch
# echo 3 VID PID 104>
/sys/module/hid_multitouch/drivers/hid\:hid-multitouch/new_id

where:
- 3 is the bus, usb here
- VID: vendor ID (must be 0eef in your case)
- PID: product ID
- 104 is the number of the right class of multitouch device to use
(see MT_CLS_* definitions in hid-multitouch)
VID/PID can be retrieved from lsusb.

If it's working, then you should also give us your PID so that we can
add it in the source of hid-multitouch.

Cheers,
Benjamin