Re: [000/129] 3.2.2-stable review

From: Igor Grinberg
Date: Tue Jan 24 2012 - 02:19:47 EST

Hi Greg,

On 01/24/12 04:40, Greg KH wrote:
> #include <stable/formletter.h>
> #define RELEASE 3.2.2-rc1
> #define NUM_PATCHES 129
> #define RESPONSE_DATE "Wed, Jan 25, 2012 20:00:00 +0000"
> #define LOCATION kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v3.0/stable-review/patch-3.2.2-rc1.gz
>
> diffstat below, no one really reads these things anyway...

This is not exactly true...
I'm (and I think I'm not the only one) going through the diffstat
to see if there are any files of my interest involved,
because it is not always straight forward to understand what
the patch subject means and also there are too many of them to read all...
So, for me, the compromise between being updated on important issues
and spend not too much time reading patches subjects/message is
read the diffstat and if I find anything that is of my interest,
then go to the patches...
May be not the best, but works for me...

So, thanks for the great work, you do.

--
Regards,
Igor.