Re: [patch 1/4] fs, proc: Introduce /proc/<pid>/task/<tid>/childrenentry v8

From: KOSAKI Motohiro
Date: Tue Jan 24 2012 - 20:14:49 EST

(1/24/12 4:11 AM), Cyrill Gorcunov wrote:
On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 12:52:03AM -0800, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
Cyrill Gorcunov<gorcunov@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 04:07:09PM +0900, KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki wrote:

Hmm. But userspace app will get eof, so frankly I don't see
a problem here. Or maybe I miss something?

Userspace need to take care of whether there may be"\n" or not even
if read() returns EOF.
As an interface, it's BUG to say "\n" will be there if you're lucky!"
(*) I know script language can handle this but we shouldn't assume that.

How about just remove "\n" at EOF ? I think it's unnecessary.

Sure thing, it's not a problem to remove it completely.

Foolish question. Is there any reason why this is a file instead
of being the obvious directory full of symlinks?

How would these symlinks look like? "../../pid"? There were a conversation
about such things (https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/12/2/142) but I suppose we
were agree on children with pids as consensus.

I couldn't find any agreement in this link. Suppose wrong url?