Re: [RFCv2 00/14]

From: Cousson, Benoit
Date: Wed Jan 25 2012 - 09:13:29 EST

On 1/23/2012 10:53 PM, Rob Herring wrote:
On 01/23/2012 03:07 PM, Grant Likely wrote:

Hey everyone,

Here's the second RFC for the irq_domain patches. I could use some
help testing now. I still expect there will be a few bugs. The
series is based on v3.3-rc1, and I've pushed it out to my git server:

git://git.secretlab.ca/git/linux-2.6.git irqdomain/next

Can you post to linux-arm-kernel too so people are aware of this work
and stop posting dead-end irqdomain patches.

Good point, I have two pending series that are using the irq_domain_add() so far, so it will be good to have that branch pulled in arm-soc.

I tested what you had as of this morning and it works fine for me. Looks
like the only diff is the VExpress code. I'm working on rebasing my
domain support for generic irqchip now.

In fact your generic irqchip should even avoid us to use irq_domain_add_legacy() since both GPIO and OMAP3 intc are already using the irqchip.

I guess you are not going to change the interface so the patches I did on your previous branch to try them should be good already, isn't it?

Thanks,
Benoit