Re: XFS problem

From: Kelbel Junior
Date: Thu Jan 26 2012 - 10:57:35 EST

Well, in 24/01 i upgrade to the kernel 3.2.1 in one server and forgot
read my emails...until now it's running without problems.
Then, yesterday i put kernel 3.2.1 on another server and this morning
a several same messages "server013 kernel: XFS: possible memory
allocation deadlock in kmem_alloc (mode:0x250)" and delays.

(without call trace because i forgot to apply that patch with dump_stack)

Now i applied the dump_stack and the latest patches that you sent.
I'm trying to discover what triggers this bug, to help in a
solution... I tell you any news

*** Some useful information:

# mount
/dev/sdb1 on MOUNTPOINT type xfs (rw,noatime)

But in some cases i use RAID and mount the partition with the
following settings (and happen the same problem):
/dev/mapper/server012_vg-server012_vol on MOUNTPOINT type xfs
(rw,noatime,nodiratime,inode64,nobarrier)

HD model:
Seagate ST31000528AS -- Barracuda 7200.12 SATA 3Gb/s 1TB Hard Drive

I work in a cache solution company, so I/O performance is very
important in our context.

Thanks.
Kelbel Junior