Re: [patch v4, kernel version 3.2.1] net/ipv4/ip_gre: Ethernetmultipoint GRE over IP

From: Eric Dumazet
Date: Fri Jan 27 2012 - 00:59:47 EST

Le vendredi 27 janvier 2012 Ã 09:24 +1100, Joseph Glanville a Ãcrit :
> David is correct, the forwarding speed of Open vSwitch is at parity
> with the Linux Bridging module and its tunneling speed is actually
> slightly faster than the in kernel GRE implementation. I have tested
> this across a variety of configurations.

Thanks for this input ! When was this tested exactly, and do you have
some "perf tool" reports to provide ?

GRE is lockless since one year or so (modulo how is setup the tunnel as
discovered recently)

Also please note that openvSwitch is said to be fast path only on
established flows.