Re: [Help] : RSS/PSS showing 0 during smaps for Xorg

From: PINTU KUMAR
Date: Wed Feb 01 2012 - 09:55:19 EST

Dear Hugh,

Thank you for your help/suggestion so far.

Please find further updates on this below.

>Sounds like you're not using vm_insert_page() properly: I would not expect
>you to get a page fault there once you've set up the area with a loop of
>vm_insert_page()s.
>perhaps you're mapping less than you need to.

1)  The page fault is not occuring now after calling vm_insert_page() in a loop for every page. The hint about "mapping less than you need to" stricked me. Please check the snapshot below.
     loop
        vm_insert_page(vma,start,page);
        start = start + PAGE_SIZE;
        size = size - PAGE_SIZE;
    until size > 0

    I verified other drivers in kernel code and found this is how it is done.

2)  But after doing all this also my menu-screen is not proper. Still I am getting colorful lines on the menu-screen.
     Can you point me out what could be the problem??

Thanks, Regards,
Pintu