Re: [patch]block: fix ioc locking warning

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Mon Feb 06 2012 - 19:59:06 EST

On Tue, Feb 07, 2012 at 08:43:50AM +0800, Shaohua Li wrote:
> Quite simple, copy kernel source to tmpfs in tight memory environment.
> This will trigger swap. The bisection result appears stable.

Looked through the commit again but it really doesn't change fast
paths. The only paths which can be slower are ioc and q exits. Can
you please do the followings?

* Share the script used for microbench. Maybe it somehow exposes
slower exit path? How much regression are we talking about?

* Test with the this_q != locked_q trylock patch.

Thanks.

--
tejun