Re: swap storm since kernel 3.2.x

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Thu Feb 09 2012 - 09:06:51 EST

On 02/09/2012 08:54 AM, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 02:21:55PM +0100, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
it looks good. Neither do I get the huge debug_objects_cache
nor does it swap, after running a crosstool-ng toolchain build.
Well, last time I also had one kvm -m 1G instance running. I'll
try if that triggers the issue. So far:

The kvm produced a bunch of page allocation failures
on the host:

(repeats a few times)

I guess that is expected with your patch?

That is indeed why my patch series was significantly larger
than Hillf's little test patch :)

--
All rights reversed