Re: Kernel crashing on eject SD card

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Wed Feb 15 2012 - 12:26:22 EST

Hello,

This seems like the right approach to me, but..

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 11:56:19AM +0900, Jun'ichi Nomura wrote:
> +int invalidate_partitions(struct gendisk *disk, struct block_device *bdev)
> +{
> + int res;
> +
> + res = drop_partitions(disk, bdev);
> + if (res)
> + return res;
> +

Hmmm... shouldn't we have set_capacity(disk, 0) here?

> + check_disk_size_change(disk, bdev);
> + bdev->bd_invalidated = 0;
> + /* tell userspace that the media / partition table may have changed */
> + kobject_uevent(&disk_to_dev(disk)->kobj, KOBJ_CHANGE);

Also, we really shouldn't be generating KOBJ_CHANGE after every
-ENOMEDIUM open. This can easily lead to infinite loop. We should
generate this iff we actually dropped partitions && modified the size.

Thanks.

--
tejun