Re: 3.3.0-rc5: OOps in dql_completed (Broadcom tg3 driver)

From: Eric Dumazet
Date: Fri Mar 02 2012 - 09:30:47 EST

Le jeudi 01 mars 2012 Ã 15:13 -0600, Christoph Lameter a Ãcrit :
> Dell R620. 2x 2.9Ghz Sandybridge
>
> Sadly I could only get a screenshot and the top of the dump has scrolled
> off the system.

Thanks Christoph for this report.

Tom, dql_queued() assumes caller checked availability in the queue with
dql_avail(), but its not the case if tg3_tso_bug() is called.

do {
nskb = segs;
segs = segs->next;
nskb->next = NULL;
tg3_start_xmit(nskb, tp->dev);
} while (segs);

In case we hit BQL limit in one of the tg3_start_xmit() calls, we should
'abort' the following ones, dont you think ?

Or maybe thats irrelevant, and only dql_queued() comment is wrong.

Thanks