[ANNOUNCE] 3.2.9-rt15

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Fri Mar 02 2012 - 12:01:12 EST

Dear RT Folks,

I'm pleased to announce the 3.2.9-rt15 release. There have been a few
not announced intermediate releases which are mostly updates to the
stable tree.

Changes vs. 3.2.9-rt14:

* seqlock/seqcount live lock fixes

This is a rather massive change, which fixes live locks in the
fs code and elsewhere.

* acpi raw spinlock annotations reverted

The raw spinlock conversions cause trouble in the ACPI
interrupt handler code and we have no idea why we did that
conversion in the first place :(

So with this revert we hopefully get reports for the initial
problem so we can look at that for a less problematic fix.

* Hotplug fixes [Steven Rostedt]

This is most of the series Steven posted yesterday. I left out
the hotplug core changes as we really need to come up with a
less ugly solution for that.

* Futex deadlock fix [Steven Rostedt]

* Ringbuffer irq disabled check [Steven Rostedt]

* Scheduler state check fix [Steven Rostedt]

The incremental patch against 3.2.9-rt14 can be found here:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/3.2/incr/patch-3.2.9-rt14-rt15.patch.xz

The RT patch against 3.2.9 can be found here:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/3.2/patch-3.2.9-rt15.patch.xz

The split quilt queue is available at:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/3.2/patches-3.2.9-rt15.tar.xz

Enjoy,