Re: linux-next: boot failure for next-20120227 and later (pci treerelated)

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Fri Mar 02 2012 - 17:26:30 EST

Hi Bjorn,

On Fri, 2 Mar 2012 10:10:02 -0700 Bjorn Helgaas <bhelgaas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks a lot for the test report and the bisection. I wish I had a
> machine to test on so I wouldn't have to bother you about it.

That's OK.

> Any chance you could point me at the complete before/after dmesg logs?
> There should be information about the PCI host bridge apertures and
> offsets in the "after" log.

I have put the logs up at http://ozlabs.org/~sfr/console-bad.log and
console-good.log. They have been editted to set the initcall return
timings to "x" usecs just for ease of diffing, otherwise verbatim.

> If that's not enough, we might need to
> collect new before/after logs with something like this
> (whitespace-mangled):

I'll defer to Ben as to whether that would help as I don't have easy
access to the machine until Monday anyway.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx