Re: iwlwifi WPA-TKIP crypto failure after group rekeying

From: Jonathan Nieder
Date: Sun Mar 04 2012 - 23:54:28 EST

Hi,

Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-02-27 at 05:33 +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:

>> To summarise, a WPA-TKIP managed connection stops passing traffic and
>> the kernel log shows the message "WPA: Group rekeying". This apparently
>> doesn't happen if the connection is in heavy use at the time or with
>> module parameter swcrypto=1. WPA2 is not affected either.
>
> I think this is due to my patch "iwlagn: rewrite HW crypto" which
> accidentally broke key *removal* (of all things), which causes issues
> when the first GTK is removed on the second rekeying.
>
> This patch
> [...]h=5dcbf480473f6c3f06ad2426b7517038a2a18911
>
> should fix it. Wey has sent it to John
[...]
> it's also marked for stable.

Shawn Thompson (cc-ed) tested the patch against 3.2.9 and 3.3-rc6 and
found it to work[1]. What can interested people do to help usher this
into mainline?

(To recap, this was a regression introduced between 3.0 and 3.1,
presumably by v3.1-rc1~24^2~10^2^2~37.)

Thanks,
Jonathan

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/651199#147