Power consumption research

From: kernel kernel
Date: Fri Mar 09 2012 - 07:09:32 EST

Greetings,

I am a graduate student at University College Dublin, Ireland. I am
beginning work on optimizing energy usage in high performance
heterogeneous computing on the Linux platform. My work will focus on
user level scientific/engineering code but I'd appreciate it if you
could direct me to relevant kernel interfaces for gathering power
consumption data if they exist.

I am willing to contribute to development efforts in this area.

Also, if any of you are interested in academic collaboration, I'd be
open to that too.

Best Regards,

--
Ken O'Brien - PhD student
Simulation Science and Extreme Events Cluster,