[INFO] : Hibernation and Resume between 2 similar devices

From: PINTU KUMAR
Date: Tue Mar 13 2012 - 00:53:53 EST

Dear All,

I am just curious to know if it is possible to "Hibernate in one device" and "Resume the hibernated image from another similar device".

Suppose, I have 2 exactly similar device (Laptop or mobile phone) with me.
At one time I will be working on only one device at a time.
Suppose I started my work on "Device 1" with few opened application and later I wanted to switch to "Device 2" which is exactly similar to Device 1.
I thought to hibernate (suspend to disk) the Device 1 and store the hibernated image as a swap file and later transfer to sd card.
Then take of the sd card from Device 1 and put it into Device 2.
Copy the swap file from sd card to Device 2 in some swap partition.
Then reboot the Device 2 to Resume from this swap file.
I will get back my Device 1 content in Device 2.

Hope this is possible ?

Any comments.....

Regards,
Pintu